Thursday 8 December 2011

I haven't posted in AGES...!

I've been getting on really well since my operation. Skint though after all the time I had to take off work and as a contractor I didn't get any sick pay which sucks ass big time!!!

Never mind, at least I am well.....

So by way as a quick update since I last posted I suppose the following things have happened:

My Periods
My next period started on the 21st October and lasted a huge 5 days with one day of minor spotting.  No pain, and only a tiny bit of clotting which was great.  By this time I was back at work (started a new contract the week before so I was glad that I was spared the horrendousness that was my last period.

My next period started on the 20th November and lasted 6 days with the final day of that being spotting.  I feel like I am getting back to my normal pre-fibroid self so far as period length, flow and pain goes and I can't tell you how happy I am about that.  Again I had minimal pain, heavy flow on CD2 and the rest of the cycle went without incident.  I still double up on sanitary protection though - it will take a while for me to feel confident not to after years of conditioning myself to that behavior.

My next period is due on 22nd December.  Yaaaay, just in time for Christmas - that will be fun...!  NOT!!!!


Bladder
I can't tell you how much the pressure on my bladder has decreased.  No more getting up 2 or 3 times in the night bursting for a wee.  Now I can go the whole night through without having to go so I no longer feel like an old lady!  My quality of sleep has improved and so has my boyfriends so it's all

My Tummy
My stomach is huge sometimes.  It's the strangest thing, sometimes it is pretty flat and other times it is....well...[retty fat!  At the moment it is like a mountain!  I suppose it's a mixture of eating cakes, biscuits and chocolates like there is no tomorrow and also due to me being mid cycle, I've just realised today that I am dued to ovulate so hopefully it will be flatter and a bit more comfortable tomorrow.

Wound
My wound is healed really - well to the eye at least.  I still get those horrible tingly feeling kinda pains.  I hate those.  Sometimes it feels a bit sore to touch my tummy towards the end of the day but not often.  Usually depends on how much I have done.  I went out on Saturday night wearing the highest heels and wow, that was a shocker - my stomach hurt lots well into the next day.  I will wear heels again but for not such a long period of time whilst being on my feet.  I keep telling my family and boyfriend that I did have MAJOR SURGERY but to be honest I tend to forget myself as I have healed and recovered remarkably well.

Memory Of The Aftermath Of Surgery
It's the weirdest thing.  I can hardly remember the pain.  AT ALL.  I can't even remember what it felt like when I got out of my hospital bed for the first time.  The body is a strange thing.  I think it makes you forget these traumas - probably a lot like when women give birth, swear they will never do it again and then start getting clucky a few months later.  I'm glad I've forgotten how it felt, although I remember that it was horrible and something I definitely want to avoid going through again!

Sex
I had sex again for the first time sometime during week 7 of my recovery - I think it was about 6 and a half weeks after surgery.  I was a) scared shitless that it was going to hurt - real bad  b) that I would have forgotten what to do after all that time  c) that I was just plain gonna get hurt....!  I didn't need to worry, it all went very well and we have continued to enjoy ourselves ever since, although slightly less often than we used to.  I put that down to us both being tired.  I get completely zonked - I think this is due to my body still repairing itself after the major surgery.  I have been a bit silly though and not always used protection but as I still have a 2.5 cm fibroid in the cavity I think this has played a part in making sure that those mistakes aren't costly ones......

Energy
Still tired.

Medication
I stopped taking iron around 6 weeks into the recovery.  I take them occasionaly and probably should do a little more occasionally.  I do feel tired alot but I hope this will improve over Christmas when I get a chance to rest properly for a few days.

I haven't had to take any pain meds at any time since I started to wean myself off them during week 2 of my recovery.  I don't take any pain meds during my period.

Lilly C
I used this thing pretty much religiously whilst my scar has been healing, although I have not worn it since last week as I left it at home!!!  I will get it today and start wearing it again tomorrow and continue to do so until the end of the year. Not sure how much of a difference it has made to my scar as I've never had my abdomen sliced open before!

TTC
Not even thinking about having babies at the moment.  With all my body has been through in the past few months and my mind and emotions have been through since 2005 I just want to concentrate on other things until i HAVE TO start thinking about TTC.  I'm not ready for all that right now and I am enjoying being me and having my life back to a bit more normality.


I think that's about it for now.  I will be sure to update this blog more often but I have been distracted by my other blogs, work and just life in general.

For now I will look forward to my pre-op clerking appointment which is on the 13th December for my next operation to remove the fibroid in the cavity.  The operation is scheduled for the 16th January.  I am a little nervous but no way as nervous as it should not be a traumatic surgery.

"Hoping to be be fibroid free.!"
Tama
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment